5 months + 6 woman + Eden eyes, hearts and hands and the world can be a better place!
Six delegates from Somerset Place Society attended the Eden Associate training in Grahamstown in February 2018. On 8 May 2018 I received the following email from Olga Mckaiser, the nursing manager (matron). And today I received pictures of the ‘new’ look of their care centre.
Happenings at Somerset Place
– Revamp in progress, painting of walls and lower part of the passage with light colour paint makes a huge difference, residents happy about it.
– Kiddies corner in the lounge still needs to be done but the ideas of the needs was discussed also for a residents corner where residents can even play maybe card games.
– The photo’s of the residents is displayed in care centre of which we write all their likes and experience for the day on it, it’s lekke fun. Now I want to display pics of the staff.
– Gratitude board is doing great.
– Safety changes done at the kitchen and also for the birds that always comes and make a mess- it looks great even if I had to say so myself with the white painting I requested.
– Mission and Vision done- displayed, awaiting carers and nurses pledge for display.
– The name badges is also done, will give it to the staff now with the new uniform.
– The meals has improved to 5 star if I can put it like that because some residents even ask on other days for puddings or seconds, even congratulate the cooks. Pudding is now changed to alternate days and menus are send to outside residents who get there food from us and there input is also valued and displayed in passage and kitchen.
– Bath preferences list displayed. I’m proud to say we are really trying although some days we lack but at least we try.
– Marion who was also at the course and encourage us to go is very impressed. We have also done other stuff so the list will go on and on, but I thought I must just give you an update.
Our aim for our goals in 3 months time is almost done so we have to see about our plan that we scheduled for the next 6 months to reach our goals as a team. Attending the course was really a benefit for our care centre.